Have a day out with Roselovers
Bus trips are a great way to have a day out with friends and to enjoy friendship through gardening. Smell the roses as we visit the various gardens of south east Queensland. A low cost entertainment for pensioners.
BUS TRIP OVERVIEW:
* She organises itineraries and payments with the Roselovers Committee.
* Information related to these trips will be on this web site.
* Each trip is a full day and usually has a focus on gardening, rose growing or other related areas.
* Pick-up is usually 8am at St Williams and return by 5pm.
* Sometimes it is possible to arrange a second pick-up for some trips e.g. Mt Coot-tha Botanic Gardens.
* Car parking is available at St Williams for free.
* We plan to have 3 trips a year.
* The cost of the trip will cover the bus, morning tea, sometimes lunch, entry to events.
* This cost will be advertised on this site.
* Any items purchased on the trip can be stored in the luggage compartment for the duration of the trip.
* As we are getting older passenger comfort is our highest priority.
* We can accommodate people with walkers depending on the type of trip.
We have a 48 seater bus and as we are only a small club we invite any members of other clubs to join us. You do not need to belong to a club Partners of members or other family members are welcome.
Last year we travelled to Brunswick Heads, Warwick for 'Jumpers and Jazz' and the Buderim Garden Festival.
(1) March Leonie Kearney Samford as a car pool. Leonie Kearney grew up in Queensland and even as a young girl she was attracted to the old gardens. She talks fondly of her grandmother, her mother's mother who was a keen gardener and maintained an old-fashioned garden with beautiful roses and delphiniums.
(2) June Northern NSW and Ballina
(1) Saturday 30th March Bus Leaves church at 8 am with an optional pickup at Brisbane Botanic Gardens, Mt Coot-tha.
Visit Russell and Janine Zabel Australian Stingless Bees(on highway) and have morning tea.
Travel to Boonah for lunch. Lunch at own cost. BYO recommended.
Visit Barton's Rose Garden in Kalbar. See late flower roses because of drought.
View gardens extra $5 and purchases roses. Trip price $30.
(2) Saturday 9th June Maleny "Gardening on the Edge"
(3) September "Carnival of flowers"
End of Trips